You will have to cook for yourselves at the campsite – on open fire at your fireplaces or with camp stoves. Groceries are provided three times a day. There will be a daily menu with two possibilities of meals to choose. The selection of the meals will happen online from 10th June until 15th July. Further detailed informationen will be provided with the next newsletter.
Please give us any information concerning special needs (especially intolerances) when registering. A concact person for specific food requirements will be at your disposal at the jamboree.
We also ask each group to nominate a contact person responsible for food issues and special food requirements. This person may be one of the group leaders or be solely responsible for catering.
We won’t stint on food!
For hygienic reasons we are not allowed to take back handed out groceries. Our dedicated food supply team is striving that you get the amount needed and so the disposal of groceries keeps as less as possible. If it happens that you get undersupplied, contact the food supply team immediately, there is ALWAYS enough food. NOBODY HAS TO STAY HUNGRY!
evening of open pots information
Traditionally the “Evening of Open Pots” will take place on Saturday. The Caravelles, Explorer, Ranger and Rover will cook small delicacys of their native kitchens and let all other participants taste. (Of course they will be on “tasting-tour” themselves, too). The Scouts and Guides will be guests too (after they get their own dinner) to taste the diversity of the older stages.
Think about what you want to serve the other participants. Consider the following facts:
- Amount: Cook for approx. 25 to 30 persons per stage (CAEX and RARO).
- Keep in mind, that the food cannot be served at the places it is prepared.
- The required groceries can be ordered at once with the menu choice for the whole jamboree online 10th June til 15th July (find more details in the next newsletter ~ May 2018). If the ingredients cannot be bought in a supermarket here in Austria, you have to bring them with you. Thanks!
- If additional equipment for cooking is needed, contact us per email.
- Don’t cook to elaborate, so everyone of your group gets the opportunity to go on “tasting-tour” him-/herself.
The “Evening of Open Pots” is also a perfect occasion to present yourself, your group, your home and country. Whatever you will plan to do so, we are curious on a very colourful evening.